Friday, April 17, 2009

Jahncke's Patent DNP holder :)

On Saturday, my darling boyfriend gave me the other half of my birthday present (my first part was this)

From Tam - an antique dpn holder

From Tam - an antique dpn holder

From Tam - an antique dpn holder

From Tam - an antique dpn holder

It's an antique double pointed needle holder that we saw down at an antique shop in Coolangatta back in February. Isn't it pretty? We were researching on Monday night when it might have been made, and I think it might be around the 1880's? We googled the "Jahncke's Patent" that is on the end of the needle holder, and found this on a NZ auction website, this ebay listing, and this shop over in the UK that have items with the same colouring and the "Jahncke's Patent" engraving.

It's very exciting, and I'd love to know more about it.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah - hopefully someone searching for stuff by the same company/guy will come across this too, and maybe shed some more light on what I have received.

    ReplyDelete