Sunday, December 27, 2009

Happy holidays!




Our first Christmas in our own home (and our first Christmas as an engaged couple!!)... how exciting is that!?




This is our little piece of the world... a perfect size for us now and I think it will continue to be fantastic as the years go by.

Mum, Dad and Caitlin have come down to spend our first Christmas in our home with us; they drove down and got here on Thursday with a trailer load of thing that never moved out with me when I left home. Boxes of books, toys, the step ladder I made in grade 10... a few extra things too (a beautiful chair made by a family friend for Tam and I - the Jack and Jill chair he calls it... it's still in pieces to assemble though... a warming tray for our upcoming engagement party... a little freezer for some extra storage...). It's so nice to have them here at the moment (extra awesome because I get to play with their Canon 50D. Waaaaant. [would like some extra lenses too please...]), even though we only saw them a few days ago. They are staying in our room, and Tam and I have relocated to the guest room.

Christmas was a great day - not hurrying through presents to get somewhere else... not hurrying through presents because people were coming over... a yummy breakfast of bacon, eggs and pancakes... ham sandwiches for lunch... lamb roast for dinner!







A lovely day, received a few knitting related things, and a little portable green house (hopefully this will help me not kill my herbs :( ). I might do a round up post of recently acquired knitting things sometime soon.

But we're going to enjoy the rest of today - heading out to visit Caitlin's old school principal, who now lives out at Wellington Point. Dinner there, and then the rest of the week will be planning for our second engagement party! There is too many people to have just the one, so we thought we'd split it up into two - friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment