Thursday, January 15, 2009

Some dyeing...

I did some dyeing the other day - I put four balls of Cleckheaton Country Silk 8ply together to make a 200g ball and dyed it similar to what I had already done with it last time - blues, reds and purples. And then I'd bought a ball of while Sullivans Sock yarn a couple of weeks? ago, and dyed it blues, purples and greens. They both turned out quite nicely, especially seeing I upped the amount of vinegar I soaked it in. Need to buy more red food colouring, as that's what I tend to use up first. That, or pink. Anyway, my next lot, I want to do reds, purples with yellow, so I think it will be best to dye (or buy) yellow wool first, and then go from there with the reds and purples. Not sure how the purples will turn out though with the yellow base. Maybe I'll dye yellow and leave white patches, so the purple turns out purple and not brown.


IMG_4262 IMG_4260 IMG_4259 IMG_4256

Been a bit down yesterday and today, seeing yesterday is normally pay day. And freaking out slightly on the money front. I never really know how I survive when I have no job, but I do somehow... except the other times I've had no job, I've had ParentLink helping out. This time, it's just me and the boy. But I guess it'll work out somehow. Have been cooking and (attempting) to clean (although a lot of it has been sitting in front of the tv, watching NCIS and knitting) and trying to brainstorm what I do want to do with my life. I am going to a career councellor (when I get around to finding one) but I thought I should probably do some reasearch about where I want to take my life on my own, before I start paying someone insane amounts of money to tell me. I wonder if Griffith offers alumni councelling. Something to look at.

When I was up in Mackay while Dad was sick, I went with Mum to MADEC. I am thinking that I could see myself in that sort of enviroment. Not working with the disabled though. I have enough of that in my personal life - not so much now, of course, but that could change. But I have an understanding of what can happen at home, so I can empathise with others. So an admin side of it? Who knows. But at least that's something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment