Sunday, September 20, 2009

Summer Knits

Well, I have finished my Featherweight Cardi, but I didn't get a photo of it today while I was out like I planned, so that will have to be for another day's post. Instead, some things I am working on, or planning to start in the near future!

Firstly is a current project - Pucker by Norah Gaughan. It has been put on the back burner for a while, because I was working on Featherweight - a much more suitable project at the moment for work - we share the air conditioning with next door, and it gets a wee bit cold in the store in the afternoon!

IMG_6553

The yarn that I'm using is the recommended - Seduce - and it's quite nice to knit with. I washed my swatch, and it softed up nicely. I do need to get around to buying some Soak, because it just makes your knits so much softer after blocking.

This is my first adult garment that is done in pieces, so I'm a little bit wary - hoping it fits! I was on gauge when I swatched, and it's generally stayed on gauge during the project... oh well. Just breathe. Will need to learn some seaming techniques. I know that I will do a three needle bind off on the shoulders though - I learnt that on my clutch, which I thought was awesome!

The other project that is on the cards is Rusted Root by Zephyr Style. The big thing that I'll change is dropping the neck line, a la goodkarma. Much more flattering for the ample bosom. ;) Yarn and pattern all ready to go - I bought this while Alison was in Brisbane. I had to show her around Tangled Yarns, of course!

IMG_6549

My love affair with mustard continues!

I am going to try and blog more, so each time I blog isn't a massive update that goes on and on forever. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment