Saturday, September 26, 2009

Rooting along...

So, my Rusted Root is coming along fantastically.

I snapped a pic of it this morning while Tam and I had breakfast at C Word at Nundah Village.



I've done four repeats of the lace - had to fudge it a few times, but then again, who doesn't fudge lace (don't answer that). I cracked into ball two a few rows outside of dividing the sleeves - I did that last night. Tried it on after I did that, and I am hoping it will fit. It won't be too small, I know that.

This is the first garment I have done side shaping in, so I'm a bit unsure on how you know if you'll need to do more shaping than is advised in the pattern. I have read of people adding some increases after the decreases along the rib cage, so I might do some more reading up about waist shaping. And don't get me started on bust shaping! I think I need to invest in some books about it. There used to be a great article on bust shaping, but it's been taking down, as it has been published in UK's The Knitter. *sigh* Oh well.

Back to bagels. C Word have the best bagels I have ever had. Then again, I haven't really eaten bagels anywhere else other than there. Can you buy them easily in Brisbane?



I even eat them with egg (not the biggest egg fan in the world). Bacon, an egglette (a little omlette), cheese and BBQ sauce - the Crispy Beggel.

Tam had the Canadia - Bacon and maple syrup.



And onto other project news, I have started increasing for the sleeves on my Pucker! Yay, pucker! :D Here is me trying to measure it.



As you can see, I had some difficulties. Zorro likes to help.

1 comment:

  1. Fudge is very important where lace is involved :)

    ReplyDelete